Velocys joins Biofuels Europe conference
11 Oct 2022
SAF focus day explores technology pathways for the decarbonisation of the aviation industry
Velocys VP Waste to fuels, Neville Hargreaves, will today speak at the Sustainable Aviation Fuel Focus Day of the Argus Biofuels Europe Conference. He joins other industry leaders in a debate, moderated by KPMG’s Rachel Solomon Williams, to explore key developments over the past year on regulation, supply and demand and alternative technology pathways for SAF. The event brings together key SAF producers, project developers, airlines, regulators and others involved in the decarbonisation of the aviation industry.
The session is expected to cover:
- What technology pathways are in use today?
- How far will HEFA-SAF take the industry?
- What are the limitations of this production pathway?
- What alternative production pathways are being developed?
- What feedstocks are being used and what is the level of technology maturity?
- What are the models for scale-up of SAF production?
The three day conference explores recent changes in the European landscape from geopolitical tensions, the evolving policy in the EU and how biofuels will continue to play a role in energy transition.